Friday, February 16, 2007

You Sell Forkifts on the Internet?

I just got off of the phone - a potential customer called to ask about one of our walkie stackers he saw on the website. He asked some of the typical questions and then commented that he was local to me and wanted to come look at one of our pallet stackers. I told him that I don't run a showroom, I only sell over the internet..........there was some silence.

So why do I only sell over the internet? The answer is pretty easy - this is what I want to do. I'm not interested in running showrooms, staffing it with salesman, lending out demonstrator units, and all of the rest. When I started the business, I decided I wanted to offer the best medium duty material handling equipment I could find at a great price. The main part of the business concept was to reduce the overhead and markups associated with local dealers. That's what we do.

The customers who know what they want and are comfortable with buying over the internet love it! Give it a try.

No comments: